Saturday, August 4, 2018

Justice is Blissfully Blind

Farms.

Why do people, whenever they want to lay low depart to farms, seems like a very ridiculous decision, considering the situation they're currently in, regarding the Faceless Terror himself. Nowhere to run for miles, there's no civilization, just a big empty field. And yet, here they are, living in their little farm, herding sheep, growing plants for 4 years, in peace and nobody's touching them. Well I guess it isn't as mind boggling considering the fact that they are always in the presence of a Fear that is constantly watching them, is it protecting them then? I don't think so, they'd be less tense with my presence on the farm then. I guess even The Eye's own creation doesn't know the true purpose of The Eye, just like any other Fear of course.

Yup, I was tracking down Mendella, a Justice, The Eye's servant constructed perfectly in ...his image. I used to dislike Mendella, not only was he a carbon copy of the man he was ordered to hunt down, but he also adopted his philosophies and understandings, rebelling against his creator, only to submit to someone else's ideals and goals, it was disgusting, this creature was the embodiment of everything I despise in humanity.

I say was, because, eventually, somehow, he was able to separate himself from someone else's ideals and somewhere down the road, he developed his own ideas and goals. Specifically after he met Cassia, a woman who was seeking revenge for the murder of her father, by Incognito's hand. Shortly after Incognito's passing, Mendella along with Cassia disappeared off the face of the earth, it wasn't easy to find them, but at the end, Cassia's online history was what gave it away, it's amazing how easy it is to find people's information these days, mainly because everyone is so willing to post away their information on all of these social media websites, not to say that she was posting anything on those during the time that they were hiding, that would be counter productive. However, she used to post on such websites long before she got into this mess, that led to a few other key words which would lead to other websites and eventually, I found old photos of her and her family on a farm, which would then lead to the location of said farm and etc.

Que in months of traveling, renting cars, life is a lot more difficult without The Path at my disposal, that's for sure. The entire time I was traveling through the country, he was following me, whenever I pulled over to get some refreshments or fuel, I would always see him, standing far away, just enough so I could see him, to my surprise, he was just passively observing the entire time, I assumed that The Slenderman, once finding out about my return, would waste no time in thrashing me back to the world of the dead, but no, the game must have gotten REALLY boring if he is willing to let me run around.

Regardless, eventually I got to their little farm and the only interesting aspect of that place, was the fact that it was the only place during my travel, where I couldn't see Slendy anymore. Then again, I didn't really have much of a chance to look around, since the second I stepped foot on their land, I was shot in the leg, the pain was sudden and overwhelming, made me collapse immediately, I haven't felt such pain in years. As I look up from my wound, I am greeted by a barrel of a sniper rifle being pointed directly in my face, behind the gun, standing against the sun was Mendella, it was eerie how similar he looked and sounded to Incognito.

"He's dead, who are you?" As firm a tone as ever, just like the man he was sculpted after.

"I'm him, come on Mendella, you know that death isn't a certainty for some in this game." I tried to reason with him, after all, I wasn't trying to find him all this time, just to have a violent confrontation.

He pulled his gun down for a second, clearly thinking over what I just said, I could have attacked him, tried to knock the gun out of his hand, get some space between us, but I didn't I just sat there patiently, as I said, I wasn't there for a confrontation.

He didn't think for too long anyway to give me enough time to do something, since he pointed the gun right back at me again "Fair enough, good bye."

And just like that, he was ready to blow my brains out, stubborn and to the point, The Eye did a good job replicating Incognito, I will give it that.

"You shoot me and your little safe haven will be posted all over the internet, for all to see." I said as quickly as I could before he could take the shot, but it worked, because it made him hesitate.

After a few minutes of just sitting on my knees, my leg bleeding out, was trying my hardest to use the Azoth inside of me to prevent the blood from escaping my body, I was never good with patch up work, usually Fortissimo was the one that did all of it, came natural to her, like protecting and fixing her house.

He finally lowered his gun "What do you want."

"Finally willing to talk shop, took you long enough." I tried to stand up, I was met with an immediate barrel of the gun to my face.

"Don't move." He ordered me, smart, he's cautious that I might try something under handed, which usually I would, but in this instance it was just my fucking leg hurting "Talk." he continued to order me, which is fine with me, I don't let pride cloud my judgment, I just complied.

"Listen, I don't want any trouble, I just want help, I'm tracking some assholes who kidnapped the love of my life and are now probably doing some horrid shit to her. My only lead is this little device that was implanted into one of their underling's brain. I needed someone with government-type of access to see what this device is and how can I use it to track down the people who kidnapped my darling and I know you have that access, because you worked with Incognito before, I'm sure he would share with you any kind of strategic advantage you could use to help him out in his mission."

Long pause of silence, clearly he was thinking on what he should do, I was getting kind of impatient due to the pain in my leg, so I decided to push his buttons a bit into deciding faster, the leg was hurting bad.

"I understand that you don't trust me, hell I would love to just outright kill you for being a carbon copy of Sergei, but put yourself in my position, what if Cassia was taken away from you and the only person who could help you was me, would you not put aside your urges, in order to find her?"

And silence again, this was getting tiresome.

"Alright." He lowered his gun, finally! I could finally stand up and ease the pressure on my leg, he reached his hand out "The device." Asking for the little device that I mentioned before, without any hesitation, I gave him the burnt up device.

He took it and began to walk towards his farm house, I started to follow but was immediately met with a warning shot into the ground right in front of me, this time, he wasn't the one shooting.

He turned to me and said "You stay here, come any closer and she will blow your head off." Nice to see that he was also as smart as Incognito, he told Cassia to stay behind in the farm house and keep the gun on me from a distance, in case I would try something funny.

I shrugged "No problem, as long as you provide me with a lead, I'm happy."

He would depart into the farm house and I would end up spending a few hours outside, just waiting for him to come back, gave me the time to try and properly patch up my bullet wound with my Azoth. It was kind of hard, but I think I got the hang of it. Sitting there, in the field, waiting for some answers, I finally recognized the air around the farm, it's hard to explain it, I'm sure we've all experienced the feeling of being watched, but not knowing where it was coming from, or who was watching us. Well imagine that, only you know who is watching you, what's more is that you can actually feel how insignificant you are in their view, it's like the source of the feeling is letting you partially read their mind, just so you know, how little you are to them. The Eye is a mysterious Fear, little is known about it's ability or goals, it just seems like an observer, rarely interfering in anybody's business, it was watching over that farm, no doubt keeping an eye on it's creation, it let me know what it thinks of me, how little I am in it's view, it was overwhelming, as if The Eye is just a part of a much more devious being behind it, however, it didn't account for one thing, I always expect people to underestimate me, after all, I'm just a hopelessly insane lunatic who thinks he can end existence, nothing new, nice to see that even Fears can underestimate the people they keep an eye on.

Finally, I saw Mendella come out of the Farm house, walking towards me with sheets of paper, my lead to finding my darling, in his hands.

"Here." He handed me the sheets of paper with a bunch of addresses and various company names attached to those addresses.

"What are those?" I asked, I was kind of hoping for something final, rather than a hit list.

"All of the addresses of various companies that placed an order one these brain implant microchips, which were and still are being developed in California."

"Well, then why should I go jumping from company to company, why can't I just go to the source?" I admit, I was thinking a bit small there, was too excited.

"Because, the original creators of these Brain Implants did not intend to create a kill switch, they created these Implants in order to treat mental disease, some other party purchases them and modifies them." Conspiracies never get old, even when they stop being conspiracies, somewhere out there, any company could be purchasing those and undercover, developing kill switch devices, unethical and illegal, good thing most Internet dwellers perceive these blogs as foolish fiction.

"Now, leave." he order me one final time, don't blame him, it was getting dark, it was time to turn in.

"Alright Mendella, thank you for your assistance, you'll be glad to know that I will not be posting your location, even more, I did you the favor of purging any online postings that Cassia may have made in her old life, which could potentially lead to your farm." I turned and walked away.

No final words from him, he just stood there, watching me walk to my car, waiting until I left.

I've got my leads now, it's time to start the hunt.

7 comments:

  1. I think you're right. Everything seemed like it was getting awfully dull without people like you.

    Even though you kind of want end existence, I can't help but cheer you on here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks, I appreciate it.

      I met people like you, I don't really understand the desire to cheer someone on, when what they're doing is counter to your own goals, but I appreciate your support.

      Delete
    2. I don't exactly have any real goals. So what you do doesn't really effect me much.

      Delete
  2. You know, I really cannot STAND those assholes who prefer to just try blowing your brains out without stopping for some good old fashioned banter. No point in being so to the fucking point in this game. Just makes it boring and awkward for everyone involved.

    Man. Idiots on a farm brings me back to the good old days. You wouldn't be willing to give a hint to the location of this farm, would you? I have some ISSUES with farmers that I really need to work out. Got KILLED by one, you know? Be good therapy, and if there is one thing I desperately need... It is therapy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but you can't help it, some people take killing, murder and torture way too seriously. I don't get it.

      Afraid not Starman, I may be an immoral (according to some) murderer, but I tend to keep my word most of the times. However, if I find out that Mendella is somehow trying to fuck with my plans, you'll be the first one to know, pinkie promise.

      Delete
  3. I’m glad he’s still kicking. Not that I thought he was dead. But then why am I talking like he’s not reading this? Hi Mendella, it’s been a while. Glad you and Cassia are still alive.

    Sounds like if you blow this open there’s going to be some rich people gunning for you. And that sounds fun. Sometimes I long for the clarity of knowing who the enemy is. It makes me envy those who believe it’s everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Direction Minxie, that's what you need, did you figure out yet what's your next move? Cause as soon as you do, I promise, the clarification as to who your enemies are, are going to become much clearer.

      Delete