Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Tracking is like Hacking

The past few days was nothing but driving around from city to city, I'm looking for someone, someone who knows how to hide their tracks, someone who knows how to drop off the face of the earth, a talent they acquired by cheating existence itself. I'm no tracker, the only way I could find anyone I wanted before, was either through the path, or another domain that I've been using once I left the proxy club and even then that didn't always work.

Question is, how do you track someone, who not only inherited their skills from an extremely skilled survivor, but also someone who had no dossiers on themselves anywhere? Little that I know about tracking is that hacking comes into play a lot, however, a lot of people have a misconception about hacking, it has less to do with you click clacking your fingers on the keyboard and more to do with social interactions you partake in with your target, social engineering they call it, I believe. That's why a lot of the proxies were so good at hacking, or relatively competent, it's because a lot of them would pretend to be their target's friend, FreedomCaged is a great example of that, another one off the top of my head would be NightScream who would act out elaborate scenarios to get someone to trust their partner in crime.

But how can you socially interact with someone, you can't even find or have contact with? Well, I'm not trying to hack anyone now am I? I'm trying to track someone down. I don't need to socially interact with the person I'm tracking, instead, I need to know WHO they're socially interacting with at the moment and then track that person down and ask them a few questions. Now what makes me think that my target is even talking to anybody at all, after all, I sad before, they inherited their skills in hiding and staying off the radar, why would they compromise their position by talking to anyone, right? Well because human being are like that... Actually, scratch that, that logic doesn't entirely apply to my target, it only applies partly, since they began to only learn what's it like to be human right before they dropped off the face of the earth.

Which yields two possibilities, on one hand their inherited skills will take control over their desire to explore their own human nature, for the purposes of survival and this is nothing but a dead end tracking endeavor on my part, OR due to them learning of their own humanity, right before going into hiding, will create a greater desire to explore their humanity further and lead to a great desire to communicate with someone.

I think it's the latter rather than the former, simply because, right before dropping off the face of the earth, they weren't alone.

Confused yet? Good, no doubt the men in black are reading this as they try to track me down, so being as unspecific as I possibly can, helps. Not to say that it's entirely impossible to connect the dots here, not at all, in fact it's really simple and I'm pretty sure they'll figure out who I'm talking about, I'd assume people who own brain frying technology wouldn't be THAT stupid. Thing is, once they connect the dots, they'll be several steps behind.

The game is afoot.

4 comments:

  1. Assuming you aren't just talking out of your ass, I hope whoever you're tracking beats you until you look even worse than you used to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, man, you really fucking hate me, don't you? That's great!

      Delete
  2. I don’t want you to destroy everything but I do want you to be reunited with Fortissimo because that would make you happy. Damn this internal conflict of interests. Good luck, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly appreciate that Minxie, hopefully we can be together soon, I may not come off as it, but I am worried sick as to her current state.

      Delete