Sunday, July 26, 2020

Rituals tend to pierce the Veils, which always leave some Trails.

As we're preparing to re-visit Malik's lead in the hospital where he was moved after our last visit, I decided to use this time to make another post, detailing exactly what it is, that I was looking for at the Wolf Pack's den, mainly because Malik won't stop bugging me about it.

Be prepared for a lengthy history lesson, it certainly took me a lot of time to piece things together, I am very lucky that back when I was alive, when I heard of Wolf's death, I would go over the posts several times, after which I would search for things that seemed... similar to her demise, thinking about it now, it is her death that has led me to my findings today, huh, funny.

2014, a year when the game went silent due to the fact that many interesting pieces fell off the board, pieces like: Sergei, Alex Prescott, Wolf, Roy, myself and many others. Prior to that, the game was indeed lively, surprising, considering that the level of disappointments that those seeking a solution to their eternal haunting's was only growing with every new piece introduced onto the board, you'd think the survivors would give up hope and stop the whole blogging thing, I mean, first they had to deal with the fall of the "Originals", then they had to observe the failings of the "Sages", then the numerous deaths of the "Fighters" and eventually, the complete and utter take over by the... well us, HA! You'd think people would stop flocking to this website and yet, by 2014, it was still going, still lively, to a point that we even had a priest running a blog.

Can you imagine? A Priest, running a blog!? What a hilarious image and yet there he was, Father Barney... Bernard? Uhhh... Brian! Father Brian, right. Father Brian, probably a self given title, was a fool, a fool that was lucky enough to stumble upon something (or rather, most likely, it stumbled upon him), a creature, an unknown creature, that was somehow able to not only stave off Slendy, but also hurt him. Being the superstitious fool that he was, he believed it to either be God himself, or some kind of tool sent down to earth from God, to battle the satanic figure that was Slendy. At least, I believe that's how he viewed whatever he was housing in his little stronghold, I'm going by memory here. Oh yeah, you heard that right! A Stronghold! He was one of those pieces that believed that herding a bunch of people into one place was a FANTASTIC idea! But what is this?

*GASP*

It worked! For a while... BUT IT WORKED! Slendy just couldn't get in, something was keeping him away and credit where credit is due, Father Barnacle put on a good show, reading verses from the bible, making his followers believe that it was truly the power of God that kept him away, I actually am not sure myself whether good ol' Father believed in his own bullshit, or if he knew exactly what he was housing in his little stronghold and just put on a charade. Whatever the case, it may have worked on Slendy, but it didn't seem to work on his Proxies and so Knitty was sent in, she abducted Laura, another contributor to Father's blog (Technically it was her's) and gave her a present in the similar fashion that I received my gift, that Knitty received hers and just recently, how Fell received hers. Inside of Laura was now a living creature, a living creature that to some extent originated from Slendy and it was growing, and waiting to burst out. of course, at this point, many were familiar with the practice due to our postings, so good ol' Minxie tried to warn Laura and Father Barf Breath that, what was inside of her, could very much hurt everyone around her and thus Laura tried to run away, but was prevented by Father, convinced that people were just blowing smoke up her ass, trying to scare her. Eventually however, he was convinced and in order to exorcise little Laura of her inner demon, he started up a ritual, they gathered around poor Laura in their Church, holding her down, chanting things up and summoning the creature that was preventing Slendy from coming through and come through it did, right through Father Barley, burning the shit out of Laura and the Azoth that was within her, then comes in Knitty, wrecks the whole place up in attempt to prevent the thing from coming through completely, getting consumed by it in the process, leading to what everyone believed to be her death. Ritual #1.

Few years later, after my own death, another over-bloated idiot shows up called Osprey. See, after Wolf's death, Fell and Hart adopted Laura, who at this point has been exposed to both Knitty's Azoth and Father Bart's weird creature and the proceeded to work for Slendy, but on the down-low, not publishing any new posts, that was until I dropped in. That seemed to put them back on Osprey's radar and he was now actively hunting them down, a leader of a proxy group that were going to bring back Knitty in order to serve Slendy yet again. How were they going to do that? Why, with another ritual of course! Seeing as Laura was the only living being on this realm who housed a bit of Knitty within herself, she was going to serve as a vessel that would bring Knitty back and what a ritual it was! Complete with ritualistic circles and weird ass symbols, Osprey for as much of an idiot as he was, had certain knowledge, knowledge that would earn him the title of a "Sage" back in the day, due to Fell's mingling, the "enslavement" part of the ritual got fucked over and Knitty was brought back, with a vengeance! Ritual #2.

Noticing those little "Ritual" footnotes I'm putting in? Good, because see, this used to be a running theme among the "Sages".

"Sages" from what I gather, used to be these people who possessed certain... "knowledge" that could be used within this game we find ourselves in, usually prior to their haunting, mainly as a hobby. For example, Setoth for whom the occult was basically a lifestyle, up until it became a weapon, when Setoth decided to summon Slendy (which to Setoth's misfortune, worked) and then, once again, used the same method of summoning in order to pull Slendy around several areas while Setoth and Arkady tried to rescue their "friends". Rituals #3 and #4.

Setoth wasn't the only one, these occultists and "realm walkers" were numerous, AmalgamationSage was one of those, a self-professed guardian that protected this realm from otherworldly intrusions, similar to our big bad Slendy. Heh, now there's a nickname that is bound to get a rise out of a certain Morning Hunter, isn't that right? Alright, less gloating, more info divulging, so how would one go about protecting our realm from such intrusions? By protecting the Veils! What are those might you ask? Well... You know how whenever Slendy, or any other creature really, confronts you, their appearance is usually that of something familiar to you? Slendy dressing up in a suit, Cold Boy being a literal Boy, etc, etc. Well, that's your mind automatically adjusting your perception so that you don't see their REAL selves, a "reality filter" if you may, that only works when the Veils are preserved, that's their purpose, to keep everything in balance, or at the very least, try to. Did you know that they can be broken? Oh yes, indeed so, they can be broken in many ways, Conflict between the Big Bad's, The Quiet just showing up and royally fucking things up, or the use of Rituals that disbalance the veil of normalcy that people outside of this game all have over them. What? Did you think any time these "Sages" used their knowledge and skewerd reality, there were no consequences? HA! Hell, sometimes they even did it on purpose!

So you can understand my fascination with the ritual that Knitty was brought back through, whatever it was that Osprey did, he created a gateway to not only bring back Knitty to us, he also brought back the creature that was within Father... I'm running out of stupid names... Fuck it, just Father it is then, anyway, he also brought back the creature that was within Father. The important word being "gateway", all of these rituals, performed by these "Sages" all had to connect to the Veils, because they all aimed to skewer reality in some way and I aim to travel through that "gateway" I just had to find one and Knitty's little, ritualistic circle that she housed within the main building of her getaway, seemed like the most easiest route. Sadly, I doubt, even if I managed to get to it, I'd be able to use it, the Creature within her, that was polluting that gateway was able to hurt me, that's right, HURT me, meaning that not only would I probably not make it through, but also indicating that if I was able to feel pain whilst trying to go through it, it was the wrong way.

What do I mean the "wrong way"? Didn't I say, that all of these connected to these Veils in some way, wouldn't any "way" work? Hahaha, you assume, dear reader, that my goal is to take down these Veils, what good would that do? Existence wouldn't cease, existence is vast, so vast in fact it goes beyond the Veils, no, where I'm trying to go, is to the source, any "way" wouldn't work, I need a specific one.

But I said too much already, I'll wrap it up here, some bread crumbs for those who are paying attention.

4 comments:

  1. An idiotic clown like you has NO chance of being able to pull off the shit you seem to be going for. YOU are Osprey-tier at this shit, at BEST. You have no idea about the complexity of it all, and you better PRAY you never find out. It would break that fragile, patchwork, mind of yours.

    Don't know why you think the mere mention of Sagey would tick me off. Frankly, I wish he was still around. Then maybe I could pay him back for that Shadow Demon thing he and his buddy tried to kill me with... It wouldn't be so easy for him this time. I'd TEAR him to pieces this time, mark my words.

    ALTHOUGH, all things considered, I would probably let him go just so he can deal with your stupid ass. This kind of shit was really his department, as I recall. And you CERTAINLY couldn't have handled Sagey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, no "Kelly's", no funny nicknames and a lot of petulant insults. Hell, you outright telling me to stay away is weird in and of itself. One would think you'd be happy to see my "fragile" mind break in many ways, you were never one to discourage my "dumb" ideas and seemed to always egg me on, in order to see a show.

      Hah! I'm sure you would Starman! I'm sure you would, easy to sound so confident when the person isn't around anymore.

      Ah, so you yourself don't seem to have the full grasp of what that so called "guardian" was dealing with and yet here you are, preaching to me, how I don't understand anything.

      Delete
  2. It's almost cute watching you pretend to be knowledgeable about certain things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -Sigh- It is so depressing, to realise that I no longer will be blessed with your insightful comments and friendly repartee, which is entirely my fault, I will admit. However, what had to be done, had to be done and yet, a curiosity is still at play, even from that small, snarky comment.

      Knitty, where did I say that I am "knowledgeable"? Sure, I am aware of a few events that happened in the past and I try to find the bigger picture amongst them, however, not once did I claim that I am fully aware of what my exact path is.

      Why else would I pay my recent visit to you? I am learning, finding out if hunches are correct, how things work and etc. In order to garner that knowledge.

      It is a pity, that your dislike of me due to me being somehow "inferior" to "Calavera", will plant seeds of underestimation in your head, which you will no doubt bring to our future encounter, once again, not giving it your all.

      Oh Knitty, knitty...

      Delete